ZOLL® is a pioneer in resuscitation technology—and has been for more than 25 years. Rescuers use our AED innovations to help save lives quickly and with confidence. These innovations transcend ZOLL’s entire product portfolio and are integrated into all our public access AEDs.
Real-time, Guideline-driven CPR Feedback
ZOLL AEDs provide real-time feedback technology that guides rescuers through high-quality CPR compressions. This technology is critical to a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) victim’s survival. With over 1.5 million AEDs installed worldwide, ZOLL AEDs are trusted by safety leaders because they are smart, reliable, and ready for the rescue.
Why High-quality CPR Is Important
An AED will only recommend a shock 50% of the time on the first analysis. A cardiac arrest victim will require high- quality CPR all of the time.
For the 50% of cases where no shock is advised, high- quality CPR increases the flow of oxygenated blood to the heart, brain, and other vital organs. With CPR, a victim’s chance of survival increases significantly.
Even when a shock is advised, a struggling heart needs high-quality CPR to provide it with oxygenated blood to return it to a normal rhythm.
The Effectiveness of Real-time Feedback
The American Heart Association (AHA), in a 2013 Consensus Statement, highlighted the importance of devices that can measure and provide feedback on CPR quality.
All ZOLL AEDs include integrated, real-time feedback.
Ready for the Rescue
An AED needs to be ready when you need it. All ZOLL AEDs perform a rigorous series of self-tests and use long-life consumables that minimize the frequency of maintenance:
ZOLL AED Plus® pads and batteries last five years, thus
requiring less frequent maintenance.
Powerheart® G5 conducts daily self-tests of
critical components and tests battery and pads
for both presence and function.
ZOLL AED 3® features WiFi connectivity that can report
device readiness automatically to program management. Pads and battery have an industry-leading shelf life of five years.
Having an AED Onsite Is Critical
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is one of the leading causes of death in the U.S. The only effective treatment is a shock from an AED combined with high-quality CPR administered as soon as possible after a victim collapses. This ensures the most favorable outcome.
Cardiac Arrest Is More Common Than Most Think
- Cardiac arrest is a significant health issue, resulting in nearly 400,000 deaths annually in in the U.S.
- OSHA estimates that more than 10,000 cardiac-arrest fatalities occur at work annually, making it the single largest cause of death in the workplace and more than all other causes of workplace fatalities combined.
Immediate Treatment Offers the Best Chance of Survival
- Untreated, a victim’s chance of survival diminishes by 10% for every minute that passes after collapse.
- If no AED is available, an untreated victim’s chance of survival is only about 5%.
- If an AED is available, the chance of survival increases to 24%.
- The AHA recommends treatment of an SCA victim within three to four minutes of collapse to provide the best chances of survival.
- Typical response times from emergency services are usually greater than seven minutes.
For more information contact us at AED.ca
Best AED in Canada
Where to buy AED in Canada