Zoll AED Plus Fully Automatic AED with Cover
The ZOLL AED Plus provides:
- Enhanced Real CPR Help, featuring a display and a large colour bar gauge that shows CPR compression depth and rate.
- One piece CPR-D Padz simplifies pads placement.
- 5-year shelf life for pads and batteries increases readiness and decreases frequency of maintenance.
- 1 – Zoll AED Plus Fully Automatic
- 1 – CPR-D Padz Package (Five (5) year shelf-life)
- 1 – Set of Lithium Batteries (Five (5) year shelf-life)
- 1 – Soft Carry Case
- 1 – Training DVD
The First Full-Rescue AED
AED PLUS FEATURES
- Real CPR Help® provides real-time feedback for depth and rate of chest compressions during CPR. The AED Plus® was the first AED that can SEE what you’re doing during CPR and provide audio and text prompts (PUSH HARDER and GOOD COMPRESSIONS) and a visible bar gauge on the display screen for each compression in real time. Real CPR Help does MORE than “CPR coaching.” Other CPR coaches are BLIND, and cannot SEE your CPR.
- Once installed, the AED Plus has the LOWEST Total Cost of Ownership. There is nothing to replace or buy for five years because the CPR-D-padz® and batteries last FIVE years, if not used. In ten years you will replace pads and batteries only once for a total cost of $244, an average annual cost of $24.40. And the logistics are simple. Avoid the headache of tracking and replacing pads and batteries every other year.
- Powered by 10 Lithium batteries.
- Best Ingress Protection rating for dust and water. The AED Plus has an ingress protection (IP) rating of IP55 for dust and water. No other major manufacturer’s AED has a higher rating. This enables placement in ideal locations, allowing quick access to an AED for emergencies that may occur outdoors, near water and moisture, or in dusty environments full of small airborne particles.
The major benefit of the AED Plus? The best possible support for a rescuer who is trying to save a life. The best AED is not one that is simple. It’s the AED that provides the best support during the rescue. About CPR
- Research shows that HALF of all rescues begin with a heart analysis that tells the rescuer “NO SHOCK ADVISED.” Once you hear this, CPR is the only hope for this victim. Key Question: Will your AED help you do CPR? Will it provide the best help for CPR? If it’s not from ZOLL, it’s BLIND and cannot really help you.
- ZOLL believes that an AED that works needs to PROVIDE A SHOCK and SUPPORT CPR. AEDs that can’t SEE your CPR, can’t really help. They don’t really support CPR, and they WON’T WORK when it’s time to do CPR.
- When is high-quality CPR needed most? Right after a shock has been delivered! The most important thing CPR does is deliver oxygenated blood to the HEART. A heart that has just been shocked but is not receiving blood from CPR may not make it. Shocking without CPR is like trying to start a car with a good battery, but no gas in the tank. Once you turn the key, it needs GAS! In a rescue, once the shock is delivered, CPR provides the gas.
- The AHA’s 2010 Guidelines (pg. S706) show that the chances of survival for a collapsed victim who gets no CPR decreases at 10% per minute. After 10 minutes, without CPR chances for survival are at zero. But with high-quality CPR (at least 100 compressions per minute and at least two inches deep) chances of survival decrease at 4% per minute. After 10 minutes of high-quality CPR, chances of survival are still 60%.
WHAT CPR DOES
- Evacuates blood from a distended heart. When a victim collapses, the arteries stop moving blood, but the veins continue delivering blood to the heart over the next 4 to 5 minutes, as the heart becomes distended (filled with blood but not pumping). Even if the heart is in ventricular fibrillation (VF), it needs CPR to evacuate the blood it has filled up with before a shock can be effective.
- Moves oxygenated blood to the BRAIN. Helps reduce brain damage, keeps victim alive longer, and leads to improved quality of life if victim survives.
- Moves oxygenated blood to the HEART. (Most important part of CPR!) Resuscitation requires TWO THINGS:  shocking the heart and  delivering blood to the heart.
AN AED THAT HELPS YOU PERFORM HIGH-QUALITY CPR
Only ZOLL’s AED Plus is equipped with Real CPR Help® technology. A sensor in the pads that attach to the patient lets the AED see each chest compression and lets you know how you’re doing. It guides you, with prompts and a real-time bar gauge, to the recommended depth and rate of compressions. “Whenever defibrillation is attempted, rescuers must coordinate high-quality CPR with defibrillation.” – 2010 AHA Guidelines, p. S712 How It Works
- Our one-piece CPR-D-padz®, which contains a pair of electrodes, senses and reports the motion of the chest compressions to the AED Plus.
- Audio and text prompts relay compression quality.
- The compression depth bar gauge lets you see the depth of each compression in real time.
- The adaptive metronome detects compression rate and guides you to at least 100 per minute.
MEASURING CHEST COMPRESSION WITH REAL CPR HELP
The force required to depress the chest during CPR varies with the patient’s size and build. The standard measure of chest compression quality, however, is not force but depth. The Real CPR Help® technology in ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz® includes a hand-placement locator, an accelerometer, electronics, and a processing algorithm that work together to measure vertical displacement in space as each compression occurs.
ONE SIZE FITS ALL
ZOLL’s one-piece electrode design accounts for anatomical variation. Based on extensive human data, CPR-D-padz meet the anthropometric chest characteristics of 99% of the population. If needed, the lower (apex) electrode can be separated and adjusted to accommodate the remaining 1% of the population.
Affixing two separate electrode pads to the patient’s bare chest can be confusing to a lay rescuer. ZOLL’s CPR-D-padz simplify this step by guiding placement of the red crosshairs at the center of the imaginary line connecting the patient’s nipples. Once in place, the hand-locator and the two electrode pads fall naturally into optimal position for both defibrillation and CPR.
FIVE-YEAR SHELF LIFE
All AED electrodes transmit defibrillating electricity into the patient via metal in close contact with a salt-infused gel that is positioned between the metal and the skin. Over time, however, the salt in the gel will corrode the metal and eventually compromise electrode functionality. ZOLL’s novel electrode design includes a sacrificial element that prevents significant corrosion for five years, which is unmatched in the market today.
Warranty ZOLL Medical Corporation (ZOLL) warrants to the Customer that from the date of installation, or thirty (30) days after the date of shipment from ZOLL’s facility, whichever first occurs, the equipment (other than accessories and electrodes) will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a period of five (5) years* for hospital based equipment and one (1) year for pre-hospital based equipment. Accessories and electrodes shall be warranted for ninety (90) days from date of shipment. During such period ZOLL will at no charge to the Customer, either repair or replace (at ZOLL’s sole option) any part of the equipment found to be defective in material or workmanship. If ZOLL’s inspection detects no defects in material or workmanship, ZOLL’s regular service charges shall apply. ZOLL shall not be responsible for any equipment defect, the failure of the equipment to perform any specified function, or any other nonconformance of the equipment caused by or attributable to: (i) any modification of the equipment by the Customer, unless such modification is made with the prior written approval of ZOLL; (ii) the use of the equipment with any associated or complementary equipment, accessory or software not supplied by ZOLL; (iii) any misuse or abuse of the equipment; (iv) exposure of the equipment to conditions beyond the environmental, power or operating constraints specified by ZOLL; or (v) installation or wiring of the equipment other than in accordance with ZOLL’s instructions. This warranty does not cover items subject to normal wear and burnout during use, including but not limited to lamps, fuses, batteries, patient cables and accessories. The foregoing warranty does not apply to software included as part of the equipment (including software embodied in read-only memory, known as “firmware”). The foregoing warranty constitutes the exclusive remedy of the Customer and the exclusive liability of ZOLL for any breach of any warranty related to the equipment supplied hereunder. THE WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN IS EXCLUSIVE AND ZOLL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. *5 YEAR WARRANTY APPLIES TO ZOLL AED PLUS™ FOR PUBLIC ACCESS DEFIBRILLATION MARKET. ***If customer enters their AED Plus serial number on the ZOLL website, they will be given an automatic extra 2 years of warranty added onto their 5 year warranty, for a total of 7 years warranty. (Instructions how to do this are included in the box the AED comes in)